Image Map

I Remember...

September 11, 2011

I'll be honest...I've sat down a couple of times to write this post and never thought my words were worthy.  

Do I remember where I was when I got the news?  Of course I do, and I doubt I will ever forget.  I was at home getting ready for my belated birthday celebration trip to Catalina Island.  We had reservations on the early ferry, so I was up before the sun, when my momma called from work, and told me to turn on the tv.  The live images were almost too much to watch, yet I couldn't stand the thought of turning off the tv.  I remember the instant ache in my heart, and then came the realization that the world was changing before me, that the world I grew up in was no more. 

On this day, and everyday, my heart goes out to the survivors, to those that lost loved ones, and to the men and women that have been on (and are on) the front lines.  May America continue to stay strong and be "one nation under God".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments, and read them all! Thank you! :)