Image Map

A Quilt for a Special Bride and Groom!

June 27, 2011

I'm here to show you what I picked up at the local quilt shop!  My good buddy, Casey, is getting married in September to his sweet fiance, Heather.  (I'm using their real names because they don't follow my blog- ha!).  :)  I've thought long and hard about what I wanted to create for them, as I wanted to gift a very special and one-of-a-kind wedding gift.  Both Casey and Heather are architects, so I wanted to go with a very modern quilt, but then again I know how much I procrastinate when I try something new...yadda, yadda, yadda!  Long story short, I am going to make them a quilt like my sweet friend, Kara's quilt.  The pattern is Threaded Pear Studio's Fantastic-O Fat Fun quilt pattern, which is fun and easy...definitely something I can complete before September (now that I'm working and all!!!).  :)

My Momma and Dad came to see my trunk show display at the local quilt shop on Sunday (the last day of the Quilter's Run), so while they were there I enlisted their help in picking out 12 coordinating fat quarters.  I found an already assembled quilt pattern at the shop, and started my fat quarter selection by taking bits and pieces out of the kit.  I then added the additional fat quarters, as needed and came up with this...


The binding will be made out of the black fabric, and the backing will be the white/black/turquoise oval fabric.  I also plan on adding a heart (via raw edge applique) to the front of the quilt with the bride and groom's initial, as well as their wedding date.  I hope everything is completed in time, and that they will LOVE it!!!  :)  Have you received a special handmade gift for your wedding/birthday/special occasion?

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your quilt in progress! Love the fabric combinations too!!
    As for a gift - well I have been on both sides - giving and receiving! I currently have a quilt hanging in my house made by a dear group of friends I used to quilt with each Tuesday. I also have many projects given to me by my VBF. As for giving - more than I can count!
    Enjoy the process!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments, and read them all! Thank you! :)