Image Map

What A Quilting Weekend!!!

July 25, 2010

I can't believe it is already Sunday evening! Time sure does fly when you're having fun! :) I spent Saturday shopping for a quilt pattern and fabric for my sweet friend Kara, as she is entrusting me with making a quilt for her! I have to say that I'm quite honored! I haven't quilted since I made Mr. D his football quilt, and I have yet to finish adding the binding to my very first quilt, circa January 2009 (Shhh! Don't tell anyone!).

Kara selected Threaded Pear Studio's Fantastic-O Fat Fun quilt pattern which calls for 12 fat quarters- not too shabby!


Above is what we walked out of the quilt shop with- 12 fat quarters, binding, backing, and the pattern.

12 fat quarters and binding (top left- green with blue polka dots).

Today (Sunday) I went to the Long Beach Quilt Festival with my Momma and Grandma M. We all love to sew, create, and quilt which makes for fun outings. Long Beach was my first experience with a quilt show and I really enjoyed myself! I walked out with some Riley Blake fabric (one of my favorite fabric companies), business cards from lots of creative ladies, as well as a handful of patterns! I've got some great things in store for my blog and for Squirmy Worm Studio...I sure do hope that you stick around to experience it all with me! :)


3 comments:

  1. Kara will love the quilt you are making for her. She could not have asked for more of a perfectionist to do the sewing for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Robbie! Candice will do such a great job. I had a great time with you ladies on Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the fabrics! and your etsy!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments, and read them all! Thank you! :)