Image Map

Weekend Recap...

June 7, 2010

I'm back!!!...and am so sorry that I have been MIA for the past week, I guess you could say that last week got the best of me! :(

Yesterday (Sunday) I felt like Alexander, you know the ‘Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day’ Alexander. The day started out well as I got up and went to church and then enjoyed a breakfast panini at Corner Bakery…bacon yum! I did a mad dash through the grocery store to pick up food and goodies for the local food drive. Mr. D and Stuart helped me unload the car {well really Stuart was sniffing around the yard, but he was helping in spirit!}. After getting everything inside, I noticed that the bag that had the two jars of spaghetti sauce was a bit moist. Being the nosy gal I am I took one of the jars of spaghetti sauce out of the bag to find that the lid was not on properly (or perhaps I should say not at all!); as I was trying to adjust the lid (I’m not sure why, as the jar clearly had to be thrown away as it was open!) the lid came off and the jar of RED spaghetti sauce dropped from chest height onto the kitchen counter, and splattered everywhere. I was COVERED in sauce…my shirt was soaked, my pants were soaked, and there was even sauce between my toes as I was wearing flip flops (ick!). The kitchen rug was quickly taken outside and hosed down to remove the sauce, the sliding glass door curtains were quickly put in the washing machine (twice), and I was on my hands and knees cleaning the kitchen floor. Needless to say I was in tears and so frustrated!

Thankfully the latter half of the day got better as Stuart came back from his grooming appointment smelling like a rock star, Mr. D and I had dinner with my family, and we were able to catch up with some old friends at the church carnival/family fun night. Sunday night after dinner I was also able to finish up two Diaper Pods, one was added to the shop, and the second was a custom order- woo hoo!

Monday proved to be a much better day, as I made a sale and got a custom order for a coordinating Nursing Cocoon and Diaper Pod- yippee!

How was your weekend?

1 comment:

I LOVE your comments, and read them all! Thank you! :)