Image Map

My New Favorite Store is...

March 21, 2010

Bed Bath & Beyond!!! I had lost hope in customer service and return policies until my recent interaction with Bed Bath & Beyond, thus it's been deemed my new favorite store!

In early 2007 Mr. D and I registered for these dishes at Bed Bath & Beyond, 12 place settings in two colors- taupe and a mild teal. We opted not to register for fine china, as I was gifted four boxes of china years ago. We received all of the dishes we had registered for, and I was in love with them until I removed all of the price tags (off of a total of 44 pieces) and washed them- chipping a few pieces in the process! I was so disappointed and wanted to dig the price tags out of the trash in hopes of returning the pieces, but opted not to be a crazy lady and kept the dishes. :(


The years have passed and the dishes continue to chip, thus my frustration and disappointment growing day by day! Saturday morning I was getting ready to go to Bed Bath & Beyond to buy a replacement dish (again!) when I sat down at the computer and wrote a quick email to corporate explaining my disappointment in the quality of the dishes. Within 8 hours (on a Saturday!) I received a response email from Bed Bath & Beyond stating that they want their customers to be 100% satisfied with their customer service and merchandise, and to bring in the dishes for a return and/or exchange!

I had some major anxiety this morning about returning the dishes (truth is I always have anxiety about returns, even with a receipt!). I went to the return counter, explained the situation, and the return was made without a hitch! I'm now in the market for new dishes! Until the purchase is made, Mr. D and I are eating off of my fine china (tonight we had pizza on the china- kind of felt like a sin, but it is what it is!). :)

2 comments:

  1. I have to say that I was quite impressed with how kind they were when you were making the return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fine china and pizza? Glad to hear you took the bull by the horns and rectified the situation. It is all about value, thoses dishes should have lasted for many years.

    I actually use paper plate, bachelor living you know!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments, and read them all! Thank you! :)