Image Map

In Search of Motivation!

September 18, 2009

I must make a confession, as I have not crafted since Mr. Made With Love and I returned home from the cruise (gasp!). I believe the lack of motivation has to do with the fact that my kitchen table is actually clean (getting my sewing stuff out always makes a mess...I'm sure you all can relate!), and the fact that my days at work have been long thus I'm only in the mood to veg after 5pm.

With all that said I do have a couple things on my To-Do List:
  • I have to photograph and send my Snail Mail Craft Swap project to Alia (I'm crossing my fingers that she loves it...PS- keep your eye out for the photo reveal sometime next week!);

  • I must finish a baby bib for a first birthday on Monday (I'll post a photo this weekend as my Mom embroidered the bib and I'm sewing it together [nothing like tag teaming it!]);

  • I also promised Mr. D that his Steelers quilt would be completed by the end of October (since football season is HERE...I better get my booty in gear!);

  • I also have a Christmas order for 5 Amy Karol Artsy Clutches (which is quite exciting!);

  • I also must begin work on my Craft Swap project. [Yep you read correctly; the last Craft Swap was such a success that we've decided to meet again!]. Note- If you are interested in starting your own Craft Swap, it's quite simple and I totally encourage you to take the plunge! Reach out to a couple of your crafty friends (and note if they don't live in the same City you can do a Snail Mail Craft Swap). Please feel free to share the link above should you and your friends need Craft Swap ideas/inspiration. I'm also available via email or comments!

I'm also toying with the idea of opening an Etsy shop, which is exciting and nerve-racking all at the same time! If you're willing, I would love to hear your experiences of opening an Esty shop (the good, bad, and ugly).

While I'm at it, I would also like to participate in Blue Eyed Blessings monthly craft challenge, however with my To-Do List above, the timing may not work out this time. Head on over to Heidi's blog to learn more about the craft challenge, as all this month the challenge is to make something Halloween or Fall themed. All entries are due October 1st.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For all of my local fans, Ginger's Quilt Shoppe is having their anniversary sale this Saturday! I believe Ginger and Linda are offering 25% off all fabrics (with a one yard minimum cut). Perhaps I'll see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments, and read them all! Thank you! :)