Image Map

I Found My Mojo!

September 20, 2009

I'm happy to report that since Friday's post I have officially found my mojo! It's been a busy sewing weekend...just the way I like it! :)

The baby bib I mentioned on Friday was completed last night (thankfully I didn't TOTALLY wait until the last minute)! Just a quick little "I'm thinking of you gift". As mentioned before, my Mom did the wonderful embroidery, and I assembled the bib (the back is a red solid with white polka dots).


I also made some great progress on Mr. D's Steelers quilt. I finished and trimmed all twenty blocks (see photo below for samples of blocks A and B), which are now ready to be sewn together! The Steelers print shown below will be the thick outside border (I'm still in the market for a thin inside border, but will decide on that after all the blocks are sewn together!).


I went to JoAnn's with my Mom on Saturday (she is so patient)! The patterns were on sale (Butterick=$0.99 and McCalls'= $1.99), so we sat down at the pattern table in hopes of finding patterns for Christmas, as I wanted to send something handmade to three special kids (Mr. D's best friend's children).

We walked out of JoAnn's with a pattern for pajama pants and fabric for the boys (ages 10 and 4).


We also walked out with an apron pattern for for the little girl (see below- the full body apron on the girl with the pink shirt and jeans). We searched high and low for perfect apron fabric (something bright, fun and festive) but didn't have any luck. Low and behold I found the fabrics below in my stash, and they are perfect! The citrus print for the body of the apron, the yellow for the ruffle and pockets, and the orange for the straps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments, and read them all! Thank you! :)